To Download PDF: APPROVED LIGHTING, DECKING AND STAIN COLORS 2011. Please note that the approved stains list in the memo have been changed since this memo was released. The approved deck stain is listed below.
Approved Deck Stain:
Cabot – Red Cedar Solid Stain
Unit Deck Replacement
Whether replacing your deck with wood or a composite material, it is essential that you comply with Board approved specifications established for your safety and to maintain continuity throughout the community.
- Any pressure treated lumber with Board approved stain.
Approved Composite Material/Color
- TimberTech – ReliaBoard Plank in Cedar
- TimberTech – Solid Plank in Mountain Cedar
- Veranda – Tuscan Walnut
- Veranda – UniversalForest Products in Redwood
- Azek Deck in Morando
Information to know about Composite Materials
- All products are special order.
- Decking is available in 12’, 16’ and 20’ lengths.
- Prices vary on the approved options above.
- Warrantees vary and are very specific with regard to installation requirements.
- All materials fade/weather variations may be seen between sunny and shaded areas.
- There are two options for fastening decking – hidden fasteners and exposed screws. Grooved planking is required if hidden fasteners are being utilized. Installation tends to be higher with this method.
- Only use stainless steel fasteners/screws required/recommended by manufacturer to comply with warrantee.
- Prior to installation, a construction permit from Tredyffrin Township must be obtained.
- Note new Township code requirements regarding footers and spacing of balusters.
- Decking, railing, balusters, trim and caps shall all be of the same material and in the same color. No exceptions shall be permitted.
- Caps shall be traditional or high point design in same composite material only.
- Any wood framing shall be stained the same color as composite material.
- Decking may have picture frame edge around perimeter.
- Railing/balusters shall be constructed in same design manner as currently exists.
- Contractor/owner shall remove/dispose of all old deck materials immediately upon dismantling.
- Contractor shall remove all supplies and materials from lawn areas each night during construction.
This can be purchased at Home Lighting of Frazer -520 E. Lancaster Ave., Malvern, PA 610-647-2370 or Kay Lighting – 317 Ridge Pike, Conshohocken, PA 19428, 610-825-0100 OR which ever lighting store carries this brand. Approximate cost is $149.00 for the larger and approximately $99.00 for the smaller one.
The lighting finish is called Aged Brass which is similar to Antique Brass. It is solid Brass with Clear Seedy Brass panels which are easy to open to replace a light bulb. The larger and small fixture are similar in appearance except the larger one has three panels and the smaller one has only two. Dimensions for the two fixtures are as follows:
Bulb Type Medium
Finish Aged Brass
Approximate cost $149.00
SMALLER FIXTURE FOR REAR DOOR AND SLIDING DOOR
Bulb Type Medium
Finish Aged Brass
Approximate cost $99.00
For more information the following web sites have more information:
www.homelightingoffrazer.com and also Kaylighting.com.
For Home lighting the item numbers are for the larger fixture 2370AS and 2376AS for the smaller one. Kay lighting item numbers are as follows: 561919 for the larger fixture and 561903 for the smaller one.
If a number of homeowners are interested in buying the light fixtures together, you may be able to get a group discount.
Please note that these items may have to be special ordered if they are not in stock.